2 October 2020
Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County’s Chief Advancement Officer, Matthew Fischer, accepts statewide award for innovative fundraising.
Please join us in congratulating Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County’s Chief Advancement Officer, Matthew Fischer, on winning the statewide award for Innovative Fundraising for BGCEC’s Marketplace program.
BGCMarketplace.org is a peer-to-peer fundraising vehicle launched in 2016 that is designed to promote community fundraising. Implemented through the vision of Jon Wenger and the assistance of Genesis Products, the website allows current and new donors to work together to make dreams become a reality for Club members.
Since its beginning in 2016, Marketplace has raised over a half-million dollars to provide Club members’ experiences and operating funds for everyday Club programming. Over 2,000 members have benefitted from the activities and experiences provided through Marketplace donations.
Marketplace experiences provided in 2019 include:
- A week of summer camp for members throughout Elkhart County at Camp Eberhart
- Golf Lessons with a local golf pro and rounds of golf to practice their new found skills
- A day of skiing
- An evening watching the Notre Dame Women’s Basketball Team
- A weeklong art retreat in Brown County, Indiana
- A Spring Break service trip to Panama City, Florida, to spend a week cleaning up from the aftermath of Hurricane Michael.
- Thanksgiving Dinner provided for all Club members and their families
Please visit www.bgcmarketplace.com to learn more about Marketplace and the exciting events planned for 2020.