Elkhart Club Program Manager
Elkhart Club Program Manager
Website Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County
Great Futures Start Here
Are you wanting to make a difference and impact local youth? Surround yourself with dreamers, innovators, artists, and competitors who are committed to inspiring and empowering young people! Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County have been part of the local landscape and the lives of local youth for over 65 years! We are searching for a Program Manager for our Goshen Club.
- Competitive Wages
- Opportunity for up to a 3% performance-based rate increase at 90 days.
- Earn Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off with NO waiting Period for qualifying positions
- Generous Employer Contribution toward Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance for qualifying positions
- Opportunity to participate in a retirement fund with employer match
- No enrollment fee into a Club or KidsCare program and no weekly fee during the school year for KidsCare program for qualifying dependents
- Employee Educational Scholarships
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Opportunity to participate in a retirement fund with employer match.
This position oversees all programming for youth 1st grade through 12th grade during program hours. This position emphasizes strategic growth for teen workforce readiness, college prep programming, mental health, and special events. Successful programming includes the Core areas: Academic Success, Character Development and Healthy Lifestyles.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent with 2 years of supervisory experience required (i.e. Site Supervisor or Manager position)
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a role overseeing school-aged children in a group supervision setting
• Grant tracking experience preferred
• Excellent communication skills in both speaking and writing
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
• Relates, encourages, and mentors staff; ability to adapt and be flexible
• Ability to lead a team and provide supervisory skills needed
• Utilizes sound judgment implementing safety protocol and policies
• Demonstrated competency in youth development
• Demonstrates initiative, high level of expectation and performance for self and others
• Ability to effectively build a high performing team through leadership that motivates and inspires
• Demonstrates effective conflict resolutions strategies
• Ability to track and report details on various projects
• Proficiency in using a variety of computer software applications, specifically Microsoft Office programs
• Ability to develop a high-quality program by planning, goal setting, implementing, and evaluating a vision
• Creates, communicates, and implements Programming Schedule for Afterschool and Summer programs including athletics, arts, culinary, and academic reinforcement
• Trains, implements, and supervises safety protocols for Club members, staff, and community members
• Promote Club program to meet youths’ needs; develop growth in number of youth served, programs offered, and opportunities available to Club members
• Oversees effective planning, preparation, and implementation of fun, purposeful youth programs including games and activities, competitions, small group programs, service projects, special programming, etc.
• Coordinates special events for the members including Graduation Party, Christmas Party, Senior Nights, Conferences, etc.
• Collaborates with Schools on facilities, to recruit, engage, and support members for academic interventions/assistance
• Supervises program areas as directed by the Area Director. Equips Club professionals with materials, training, and supervision. Conduct annual employee reviews
• Represents and promotes Boys & Girls Clubs in the community
• Recruits and connects tutors and mentors for members
• Supervises Keystone & Torch Club
• Recruits, engages, and maintains community volunteers, AmeriCorps Volunteers, and high school interns
• Attends conferences, trainings, and trips as needed/able
• Performs any other special assignments as assigned by the Area Director
• Adheres to organizational policies and procedures as described in the Employee Handbook of the Boys & Girls Club of Elkhart County