Website Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County
Whatever it Takes
Are you wanting to make a difference, impact local youth, and have the best job ever? Looking for more than a career? Are you searching for a mission where you Inspire and Empower all young people to reach their full potential? If building a strong community is your passion OUR team is for you!
Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County have been changing children’s lives for over 65 years! We have opportunities to mentor youth by assisting with program activities and creating on-going relationships. This position focuses on providing tutoring and academic support individually or in a small-group setting.
- Earn Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off with NO waiting Period
- Sick Time after 90 Days
- Employer Contribution toward Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance for qualifying positions
- No enrollment fee into a Club or KidsCare program for qualifying dependents
- Employee Educational Scholarships
- Career Advancement Opportunities
- Recognition and appreciation for your contributions to the Mission
Divides time between managing and providing regular administrative support to the Area Director and unit staff as well as performing functions related to the resource development efforts.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum of two years administrative/secretarial experience
- Light bookkeeping knowledge
- Reliable transportation, safe driving record, driver license, and automobile insurance required.
- High energy, enthusiastic personality, and dependability a must.
- A team player who works well with others and be willing to help where needed.
- Pre-employment drug screening, background, reference and driver’s record checks are required.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Excellent working knowledge of Word, Excel, data base systems, PowerPoint, and mail merge functions
- Past experience in light bookkeeping and data entry
- Good written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effectively manage multiple tasks with deadlines
- Able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong inter-personal relationship skills
- Performs regular administrative duties as assigned
- Maintains donor correspondence and paperwork for the Club o Enters donor information into various data bases o Creates invoicing and posts payments for donor payments into various data bases o Ensures stewardship letters produced and reach our donors o Creates donor reports for Area Director and Resource Development team as required o Composes letters, reports, and other correspondence as directed o Shares Board calendars and schedules meetings for the Area Director
- Supports and communicates to all Board Members reminders of upcoming meetings and special events
- Prepares and shares Board packets for Unit Board meetings with Board Members and required staff
- Takes, transcribes, and maintains all Board meeting minutes
- Attends committee meetings as assigned and takes, transcribes, and maintains meeting minutes
- Responsible for coordination of purchase orders between Club staff, Area Director, and Finance Department
- Responsible for receipt and/or pick up and distribution of mail for the Club
- Responsible for depositing to the bank all incoming cash including over the counter money for dues, memberships, donations, and petty cash