Youth Programming Assistant - Major Part-Time
Job Tracking ID:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County has been changing the lives of youth for over 60 years! We have openings working directly with children and assisting with programming their activities in our Education, Fine Arts, Athletic, and Game Rooms. These openings are at our Clubs in Goshen, Elkhart, Nappanee, Middlebury, and various sites throughout Elkhart County.
- Major Part-Time Hours over 30 under 40 hours per week
- Competitive Wages
- Earn Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off with NO waiting Period for qualifying positions
- Generous Employer Contribution toward Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance for qualifying positions
- Opportunity to participate in a retirement fund with employer match
- No enrollment fee into a Club or KidsCare program for qualifying dependents
- Employee Educational Scholarships
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Plan, implement, supervise and evaluate activities.
- High School diploma or GED
- Reliable transportation, safe driving record, driver license, and automobile insurance required.
- High energy, enthusiastic personality, and dependability a must.
- A team player who works well with others and be willing to help where needed.
- Pre-employment drug screening, background, reference and driver’s record checks are required.
- Inspire, guide, and support members.
- Provide fun, beneficial, and imaginative cultural programs which are within the scope of Boys & Girls Club programming.
- Ensure that bright, fun and attractive signs and posters fill the walls of the program area and are always current and are changed regularly.
- Provide a culture where members respect and seek advice from staff regarding problems in or outside of the Club.
- Create an on-going message in all programs and interactions that members need to make appropriate choices about their educational, personal, physical, and emotional needs.
- Ensure that members are held accountable for their behavior.
- Continually model and teach character, morals and ethics.
- Build positive relationships with parents of members.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as filling out reports, forms, etc., as assigned.