Youth Program Teacher II - Fine Arts
Job Tracking ID:
Great Futures Start Here.
Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County have been changing and supporting the lives of youth in Elkhart County for over 60 years! We have openings working directly with our youth to bring them art, in various forms, through program activities within our Art Department. These openings are at our Clubs in Elkhart and Middlebury.
• Part-Time Hours of less than 30 hours per week
• Competitive Wages
• Earn Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off with NO waiting Period
• No enrollment fee into a Club or KidsCare program for qualifying dependents
• Employee Educational Scholarships
• Career Advancement Opportunities
Provides direction and supports activities provided through the Art Department in a high-energy, enthusiastic manner.
• High School diploma or GED
• Minimum of one year of experience in a role overseeing school-aged children in a group supervision setting.
• Reliable transportation, safe driving record, driver license, and automobile insurance required.
• High energy, enthusiastic personality, and dependability a must.
• A team player who works well with others and be willing to help where needed.
• Pre-employment drug screening, background, reference, and driver’s record checks are required.
• Inspire, guide, and support members.
• Works in collaboration with Art Supervisor and assists in providing fun, beneficial, and imaginative cultural enrichment programs. These would include arts, crafts, painting, sculpture, photography, drama, music, dance, and any other culturally enriching programs.
• Assure that bright, fun, and attractive signs and posters fill the walls of the program area and are always current and are changed regularly.
• Provide a culture where members respect and seek advice from staff regarding problems in or outside of the Club.
• Create an on-going message in all programs and interactions that members need to make appropriate choices about their educational, personal, physical, and emotional needs.
• Assure that members are held accountable for their behavior.
• Continually model and teach character, morals, and ethics.
• Build positive relationships with parents of members.
• Perform administrative tasks, such as filling out reports, forms, etc., as assigned.