Job Tracking ID:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County has been part of the local landscape and the lives of local youth for over 60 years! We are recruiting for a Staff Accountant. This individual will support the organization by providing support to the Accounting Department.
- Full-Time Hours
- Competitive Wage
- Earn Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off with NO waiting period
- Generous Employer Contribution toward Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Employer paid Life Insurance, Short & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- No enrollment fee into a Club or KidsCare program and no weekly fee during the school year for KidsCare program for qualifying dependents
- Employee Educational Scholarships
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Provides management with financial information by researching and analyzing accounts, preparing financial statements, and ensuring compliance with state, federal, and local principles.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required and two (2) or more years of accounting experience.
- Demonstrated competence and experience.
- High energy, enthusiastic, self-starter who is able to work alone as well as in a team environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Pre-employment drug screening, reference checks, pre-employment and annual criminal background check (as required by BGCA policy) and driver’s record checks.
- Post transactions and categorize records in the general ledger (Sage Intacct).
- Analyses information for proper approval and coding in our automated accounts payable system, Yooz.
- Analyses information and helps maintain our web-based accounts receivable software, Invoiced.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules on the FAS Software System, module within Sage Intacct.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Help in the preparation of the annual audit.
- Contributing to the review of annual operating budgets and performance projections.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time.