Food Service Coordinator - Part-Time
Job Tracking ID:
Boys & Girls Clubs of Elkhart County opened a new state of the art facility for our local youth in October! The facility is located at 900 Centennial Street in Nappanee, near Nappanee Elementary School. We currently have openings for individuals who want to make an impact on the life of our youth. We are recruiting for a Food Service Coordinator.
- Part-Time Hours of less than 30 hours per week Competitive Wages
- Competitive Wages
- Earn Holiday Pay and Paid Time Off with NO waiting Period for qualifying positions
- No enrollment fee into a Club or KidsCare program for qualifying dependents
- Employee Educational Scholarships
- Career Advancement Opportunities
Oversee and participate in the daily execution of the snack and meal program.
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in a food-related context, such as food service, food preparation, and food distribution.
- Ability to design, perform, and supervise meal and snack programs.
- Ability to manage the food program grant paperwork and purchase orders.
- Manage daily collection of data.
- Ability to manage inventory of food supply.
- Reliable transportation, safe driving record, driver license, and automobile insurance required.
- High energy, enthusiastic personality, and dependability a must.
- Pre-employment drug screening, reference checks, pre-employment and annual criminal background check (as required by BGCA policy) and driver’s record checks.
- Oversee and participate in the daily execution of the snack and meal program.
- Oversee and execute daily snack and meal preparation.
- Create, implement, and execute all food programming.
- Oversee and execute routine cleaning of the cafeteria and kitchen, periodic deep cleaning procedures, and facilitate maintenance needs for cafeteria and kitchen.
- Instructional supervision over the cafeteria assistant.
- Assists in holding assistant accountable to a high standard of work.
- Create, organize, and teach culinary skills to our youth.
- Perform administrative tasks, such as filling out reports, forms, etc., as assigned.